...Not to Miss the Grand Opening of VISION House Los Angeles! (#10-#16)
We are a week away, believe it or not! We hope you will make it out to our Grand Opening Event on Sunday, June 10 from 11am to 5pm. Come see what the fuss is all about.
16. What is that bright orange stuff I keep seeing in the construction photos? ANSWER: Schluter-DITRA. This product was designed specifically for ceramic tile and dimension stone installations. It serves as an uncoupling layer, waterproofing membrane, and vapor management layer that accommodates moisture from beneath the tile covering and provides support/load distribution for the tile covering.
You won't be able to see it but Schluter-DITRA is installed underneath all the Porcelanosa tile.
15. Imagine being able to get up on a cold winter morning without your slippers and walk across the hardwood floor without your feet freezing...well, that's what you get with Uponor's Radiant Floor Heating system. The water in a hydronic radiant floor system has the capacity to transport energy 3,500 times greater than air, so it can heat (and even cool) using less energy than a forced-air system.
14. The Noritz NRC98 Series Residential Condensing Tankless Water Heater is Eco-Friendly and reduces carbon emissions. If every U.S. household installed a Noritz tankless water heater, it would equate to the CO2 savings of taking approximately 6.7 million cars off the road.
13. A really "cool" roof.
Custom-Bilt Metals Titan Cool Roof reflects up to 70% of the sun’s energy and reduces cooling costs by up to 20%. Even roofs in darker colors can serve energy and meet ENERGY STAR® requirements. And that IS cool.
Weatherized Copper color (shown in photo) is used on VISION House Los Angeles.
12. Toilets and faucets that save water. Whether it's a low flow showerhead or a dual-flush toilet, Kohler is constantly designing products to help you save money, energy and the environment. Many products in VISION House Los Angeles are WaterSense labeled.
11. The Maytag High-Capacity Maxima Front-Load Laundry Pair. Whew, that was a mouthful. This washer model uses up to 82% less wter and 84% less energy (Compared to pre-2004 traditional top-load washers) and meet CEE Tier III qualifications. It can also handle a whopping 29 towels per load.
10. Paint that is good for the environment.
Mythic Paint is the only paint that is not required to carry a warning label. This is because it is a zero-voc, non-toxic paint. It is created in a zero-emissions facility and the containers are made of recyclable plastic.
Come back next week as we finish up the countdown and OPEN! We are so excited!
Posted: 6/1/2012 3:30:54 AM by
Heather Wallace | with 0 comments