...Not to Miss the Grand Opening of VISION House Los Angeles! (#17-#23)
Continuing our countdown of the 30 Reasons Not to Miss the Grand Opening of VISION House Los Angeles! Come join us in the Pacific Palisades on Sunday, June 10 from 11am to 5pm for a tour of this exciting project.
23. LIVE WALL and LIVE ROOF! Yes, we're very excited to announce that Bright Green will be providing both these elements to the VISION House Los Angeles. Learn more about their story.
22. Boise Cascade BCI Floor Joists use 50% less wood than ordinary lumber. Read about this innovative product here.
21. Kitchen Craft Cabinetry from MasterBrand. Certified through the Environmental Stewardship Program administered by the KCMA (Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer's Association), Kitchen Craft offers a variety of choices available for any budget. Click here to read about the different styles that can be seen in VISION House Los Angeles.
20. The Beam Central Vacuum System removes 100% of contacted dirt, dust mites, pollen, dander and other allergens and carries them away from living areas—to help improve indoor air quality.
19. Dream kitchen appliances from Gaggenau. Part of the BSH group (the world's third largest home appliance manufacturer), Gaggenau is an innovative leader in design and technology. Take a look at some of the products that will be featured in VISION House Los Angeles.
18. To help with water conservation at VISION House Los Angeles, Orenco's Stormwater Catch Basin will be used to filter stormwater. The system is designed for sustainable operation throughout its long service life, and a control panel ensures that pumps run only when necessary.
17. Recycled decorative landscaping rock made from 100% recycled concrete. Check out these innovative products by Green Rock!
Come back next week as we continue the countdown!
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:55:04 PM by
Heather Wallace | with 0 comments
...Not to Miss the Grand Opening of VISION House Los Angeles! (#24-#30)
On Sunday, June 10th from 11am to 5pm we will be opening up VISION House Los Angeles to the public and we couldn't be more excited. We invite anyone in the area to come and check out the finished project - give us comments, feedback, tell us what your favorite products are! 1162 Via de la Paz, Pacific Palisades, CA. Street Parking.
But until that date here's out countdown of 30 Reasons Not to Miss the Grand Opening of VISION House Los Angeles:
30. This project in the Pacific Palisades is a great example of how to build effectively on an existing infill lot. VISION House Los Angeles now sits where a swimming pool used to be. (Great job, Structure Home!)
29. Decking by Trex - they turn about 1.5 billion recycled plastic bags, along with scrap wood and sawdust, into eco-friendly outdoor living products every year.
28. DuPont Tyvek Weatherization Systems - will help keep VHLA cool in the summer and warm in the winter and dry all year round which means energy bill savings!
27. And speaking of weather...Kohler Generators will have a 20kw Home Generator onsite. It is powered by either propane or natural gas and will help keep you comfortable during a storm or utility failure.
26. Hardwood flooring that does NOT use polyurethane, acrylic or aluminum oxide in their finishes. DuChateau instead uses an environmentally friendly hard wax oil finish that contains low-VOC's and is preservative-free and includes ingredients such as sunflower, soybean and thistle oil.
25. The Level 2 Car Charger (evr-green 160) from Leviton in the garage. It's fast-charging and the installation kit allows that all important DIY-factor. And if we have a car charger then you know what that means...
24. Yep. #25 brings us to #24...we'll be showcasing a Honda Fit EV at VISION House Los Angeles. With a 3 mode driving system and zero tailpipe emissions, Honda will show you how clean driving can be fun!
Come back next week as we continue our countdown to the 30 Reasons Not to Miss the Grand Opening of VISION House Los Angeles!
Remember to let us know what you think. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Posted: 5/9/2012 12:19:03 AM by
Heather Wallace | with 0 comments