Green Builder® Media and its affiliates and partners respect the privacy of its visitors. Green Builder Media does not collect any personal information through the website without the knowledge of the visitor.
The following process explains our information gathering and disseminating practices at www.greenbuildermag.com. Please read this information so that you can feel comfortable about participating in our community.
Our Web server collects the IP address, operating system and browser software used by our visitors. An IP address (which is different than an email address) can tell us the user's Internet service provider and based on that, can suggest the geographic location of the connection. We also collect information about which pages they visit, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks they click. This information helps us evaluate the effectiveness of various parts of the site.
For the same purposes, we use "cookies" - small text files placed on your computer's hard drive - to help track your usage of our site. Cookies don't include personal information about you, but they are unique to each user, which allows Green Builder Media computers to distinguish between users and can save you time when you return to a part of the site and repeat an activity. Cookies placed on your computer by third parties by or through the Site, if any, are not the responsibility of Green Builder Media and are not subject to the TC.
As a Green Builder Media member, you are required to provide certain information about yourself upon registration such as your name, address, email address, and business affiliation.
By providing any personal information to this Site, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in any country.
How Green Builder Media uses your information
As well, your registration information is captured in our database when you register to attend or view any of our live and archived webcasts.
This personal information will be used to process orders and to contact you regarding technical updates, special offers and upcoming events. When members register to participate in our live or archived sponsor webcasts, full contact information of the user may be provided to the vendor according to any contract agreement with that particular vendor/sponsor. All promotions are sent out through www.GreenBuilderMag.com, www.GreenBuilderCollege.com, or other associated web properties.
Who Green Builder Media shares your information with
In order to provide you with co-branded services, and to improve our features, we will sometimes share your information with our partners.
We reserve the right to disclose any information if such action is necessary (a) to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process or subpoena served on Green Builder Media, (b) to protect and defend the legal rights or property of Green Builder Media, the Site, or its users, or (c) in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of its users or the general public. We further reserve the right to release any information concerning any user if that user participates (or is reasonably suspected of participating) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using our servers or services for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement for investigation or prosecution.
How Green Builder Media protects your personal information
For all our transactions, we employ reasonable and current Internet security methods and technologies. Where appropriate, we password protect, use SSL encryption techniques for credit card information and install firewalls. We strive to protect you. We encourage our participating service providers to adopt and honor their own consumer privacy policies. For all our efforts to safeguard your privacy, no system can be guaranteed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, or that we transmit to you, or guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Once we receive your information, we use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
We appreciate your participation in Green Builder Media communities, and will do our best to honor your requests. Any and all questions about www.greenbuildermag.com, Green Builder Media, and other subsidiaries, please contact us at email@example.com.
This site is provided by Green Builder Media on an "as is" basis. Green Builder Media provides this web site as a service to those people seeking building products news and information. Green Builder Media assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of information on the site or information obtained through links. Green Builder Media will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained in the site. Green Builder Media is not responsible for the accuracy or content information contained in the site or in the links provided on its site. Links to and from Green Builder Media do not constitute an endorsement by Green Builder Media of the parties or their products and services.
There are no participation fees for users and a participant can cancel their registration at any time. Exhibitors do pay a fee to participate in Green Builder Media activities and are bound by the contracts and conditions approved at the beginning of such contract.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips and software, is the property of Green Builder Media, or its content suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The collection, arrangement and assembly of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Green Builder Media and is also protected by all U.S. and international copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
Use of this site
This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted by Green Builder Media. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
Reviews and Comments
Green Builder Media enables visitors to its site to post reviews and comments on articles, products and services. If you post reviews or comments on this site, you grant Green Builder Media and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such reviews and comments in any media.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on www.greenbuildermag.com, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with www.greenbuildermag.com ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you add an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy settings, but your agreement with that application will control how the application can use the content and information you share.
- When you publish content or information, it means that everyone, including people off of www.greenbuildermag.com, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about www.greenbuildermag.com, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
"Forums" mean any poll, bulletin board, e-mail or other interactive function offered as a part of the Site. All information, advice, files, links, communications or other materials posted by you ("User-Supplied Materials") to any Forum shall be your responsibility. You shall not post or transmit via any Forum any User Supplied Materials which infringe a third party's rights, including without limitation any privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that are unlawful, untrue harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful (including but not limited to viruses, worms or similar software) or that is otherwise objectionable.
- You shall use the Site for lawful purposes only. The Forums shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without Green Builder Media express approval, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation, promotion or advertising for goods or services. By submitting User-Supplied Materials to any Forum, you grant, or warrant that the owner of any such User-Supplied Materials has expressly granted, to Green Builder Media a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and distribute all such User-Supplied Materials and/or to incorporate such materials in other works in any form, media, technology now known or later developed and to sublicense any and all such rights to third parties.
- Green Builder Media shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor and/or remove any User-Supplied Materials posted by you to the Site deemed harmful or offensive in Green Builder Media's sole discretion, or that otherwise violate these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions which Green Builder Media may institute from time to time. Green Builder Media shall have no liability for the failure to receive or for the removal of any such materials. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Green Builder Media.
- Green Builder Media makes no representations or warranties regarding the Forums and neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made on or in connection with the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate or seek the advise of professionals to assist you in the evaluation of the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness or any Information provided in connection with or otherwise available on the Site.
- In addition to other restrictions imposed by these terms or by applicable legal authority, in using the community-based features of the Site, you must NOT:
(a) abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other Site users;
(b) use the Site for any unauthorized or illegal purpose, including any purpose which is illegal in any jurisdiction in which you are located, regardless whether such purpose is legal within any particular locale within the United States;
(c) use the Site, or any functions or features of the Site, or any other website so as to falsely state or imply that any other website is associated with the Site;
(d) use the Site or any functions or features of the Site so as to falsely state or imply an endorsement by or association between any person or entity and any other person, entity, product or service;
(e) use the Site or any of its functions or features, for any corporate, business, commercial, or other use that is not clearly a personal use;
(f) transmit any worms, viruses, spyware or code of a destructive nature.
We do our best to keep Green Builder Media safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Green Builder Media.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Green Builder Media, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Green Builder Media.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Green Builder Media without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws.
- You will not use Green Builder Media to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Green Builder Media, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Green Builder Media that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Green Builder Media if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including the Green Builder Media logos or any abbreviated marks), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Green Builder Media.