The Bozzuto Group is grounded on four core values. Concern for the people and the communities we touch. Creativity in everything we do. Passion in our approach to business. And a belief that Perfection is a goal worth pursuing. They pride themselves on providing outstanding service and consistent value for customers and partners.
The Bozzuto Group’s target market varies, depending on location and product type. They have been involved with projects that range from distinctive high-rises to mixed-use communities, to affordable housing.
A multi-family development (The Fitzgerald), and third-party management assignments (360 State and Residences on The Avenue) both cater to a younger professional demographic. http://www.bozzuto.com/
In addition to traditional print media Sustainability Project Manager for The Bozzuto Group, Thomas Lee, says they have begun adding QR codes to advertisements to direct people to their websites. They are also active in social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook as well as text messaging and tailored events to reach target markets.
• Currently taking advantage of available sources of funding to support green retrofit efforts.
• Electric vehicle charging stations installed on many properties.
• Green cleaning products.
• Exploring installation of renewable energy (photovoltaic and thermal components).
• In the next year they will be monitoring utility consumption of all buildings in their portfolio for comparisons and to find energy inefficiencies.
Green Amenities and Millennials
• Location – walkable neighborhoods near dining, shopping and a metro station.
• Indoor, secure storage facility – many Millennials participate in outdoor sports and/or own bicycles. Secure outdoor storage is a bonus amenity.
• Energy efficient design, construction and appliances – lowering monthly utility bills is important.
• Green materials – appreciation for green materials being used in the building process.
• Green spaces- access to an onsite, quite “green space” such as a rooftop or courtyard garden.
vPoint, a 114-unit community that was recently opened in Arlington, VA, just one block from the Clarendon Metro Station.
The Solaire, a 286-unit community in Silver Spring, MD that opens for leasing in May 2012.
Both properties were built to Gold LEED specifications. The Bozzuto Group has 14 additional projects currently seeking LEED certification.
The Market in 2012
“As an industry, we are designing and building a widening array of apartment communities that appeal to Millennials and Empty-Nesters who seek to live at prime locations, with more creative features and amenities, and have more choices and flexibility in their housing. I think that due to these conditions, the apartment market in our primary markets will remain strong.” – Thomas Lee, The Bozzuto Group