DALTON – On July 23, Floor Covering Weekly will honor six leading companies with this year’s Annual GreenStep Environmental Awards program in recognition of their leadership in the area of environmental sustainability and stewardship.
Winners will be presented with a beautiful hand-blown glass sculpture at an Awards Ceremony and Luncheon to be held at the Dalton Holiday Inn on July 23, 2013. There are two award levels across each of the following four categories: Product for best green product; Practice/Process for best manufacturing process or plant improvement; Promotion for education and communication initiatives; and, the Pinnacle Award for Environmental Leader of the Year.
The goals of the GreenStep program are: To recognize sustainable environmental initiatives throughout the flooring industry; to promote and support those efforts by providing a communications platform to educate the industry as to the extent and scope of these efforts, and to honor those people and organizations whose efforts embody the ideals of environmental stewardship.
The 2013 GreenStep Award Winners
• Mohawk – Pinnacle Environmental Leader of the Year
• Mannington – Practice/Process
• Shaw Caress – Product
• Shaw – Promotion
In addition to the GreenStep winners, we also recognize GreenStep honorees for their equally meaningful environmental contributions. The GreenStep Award Honorable Mentions are:
• Tarkett – Pinnacle
• Beaulieu – Practice/Process
• Mohawk Ceramic – Product
• Teragren – Promotion
“Our Pinnacle Leader of the Year award goes to Mohawk – its second in five years – for its continuing progress on the environmental front,” said Santiago Montero, Publisher and Editor in Chief, Floor Covering Weekly.
“We’re especially pleased to welcome two of this year’s winners – Beaulieu and Teragren – to the ranks of GreenStep Award recipients. Each has demonstrated its commitment to the environment through innovative, corporate-driven programs,” said Montero.
A distinguished panel of industry and environmental experts selected this year’s winners from among almost 50 entries received and featured in the April 8, 2013 issue of Floor Covering Weekly.
“I’d like especially to thank our judges for their participation, for their insights and for their ongoing support for this important industry program,” said Montero.
Distinguished Panel of Judges for the 2013 Green Step Environmental Awards
- Michael Martin, President and CEO, National Wood Flooring Association
- Dr. Robert Peoples, Executive Director, Carpet America Recovery Effort, CARE
- Bill Dearing, President, North American Laminate Flooring Association
- Bill Griese, Standards Development and Green Initiative Manager, Tile Council of North America, Inc.
- Scott Humphrye & Cammie Weitzel, World Floor Covering Association
- Dean Thompson, President, Resilient Floor Covering Institute
- Sara Gutterman, CEO, Green Builder Media