KB Homes is at the forefront of a trend in production housing that will impact how all builders—both custom and production—put up new homes in the United States.
It’s Built to Order ZeroHouse 2.0 is a technologically advanced and energy efficient home that produces as much energy as it uses. While that grabs consumer’s attention, to be sure, it’s the custom nature of the homes that will net sales.
Home buyers can choose their homesite in a KB Home community and then create a one-of-a-kind home that allows them to mix and match green features and design elements.
Here are some of the features KB Home offers:
• Solar technology. A SunPower solar power system
• High-performance wall systems for added insulation and protection from outdoor heat transfer
• Programmable thermostats
• Low-E, dual-pane windows with Argon gas to reduce heat flow between exterior and interior and regulate indoor air temperatures
• LED lighting
• Energy Star-qualified appliances, which use up to 30% less energy than standard appliances
• Moen WaterSense-labeled facuets and showerheads, which use up to 30% less water than standard models.
• Velux solar water heating
• Radiant roof barriers
• Fresh air intake built into the HVAC for good indoor air quality
• BoralPure smog-eating roof tiles
• Electric vehicle charging station