ENTERING MORE THAN ONCE WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "Green Builder Media® Earth Day Giveaway" (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to persons who, at the time of entry, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older. Employees of Green Builder Media, LLC, Walt Disney World Resort (“Disney”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Green Builder Media, LLC, 63 Windfall Lane, Eastsound, WA 98245 (the "Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on November 18, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 25, 2014 (the "Entry Period"). Entries received before or after the Entry Period are void.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.greenbuildermag.com/EarthDayGiveaway2 and follow the instructions to complete an online entry form. Once you submit the entry form, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void.
6. DRAWINGS: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, the Sponsor, or a third party designated by the Sponsor, will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within ten (10) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor, or a third party designated by Sponsor, will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining entries received.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within fourteen (14) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit/Release on the potential winner's behalf. A parent or legal guardian will also be required to accompany the winner if the winner is a minor. The Guests (as defined below) may be required to sign an Affidavit/Release.
8. PRIZES: APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV") OF ALL PRIZES AWARDED: $5,019.52 ("ARV") Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for four (4) (Grand Prize Winner and three (3) travel companions ("Guests")) to the VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® Earth Day 2014 celebration presented by Green Builder Media on April 22, 2014 (the “Celebration”). The Grand Prize includes: four (4) round-trip coach airfares inclusive of all airline-associated fees and surcharges (excluding baggage fees) (via airline carrier(s) selected by Sponsor) between the major US gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner's residence and the Orlando International Airport (“MCO”) (in the event the Grand Prize Winner resides within 150 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort (the “Resort”), ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation), three (3) nights' hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room, quad occupancy, room and tax only) (one night of which will be April 22, 2014) at a hotel at the Resort selected by Sponsor, round-trip ground transportation for four (4) between MCO and the Resort via Disney’s Magical Express® service, and sixteen (16) 1-day Magic Your Way Base tickets. Guest must be the age of majority in the jurisdiction of his/her residence unless his/her parent or legal guardian is the Grand Prize Winner. A valid credit card must be presented at check in at the airport and hotel for incidentals. Any costs associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Grand Prize and are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner and Guests. Such costs may include, without limitation, any ground transportation (except as stated above), any unspecified state or local taxes or government surcharges or fees, service charges, facility fees, security fees, passenger tariffs or duties, trip and travel insurance and premiums, meals, drinks, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, charges for changing dates or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein and are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and/or Guests. All Grand Prize-related travel arrangements will be administered by Sponsor's authorized designee. Grand Prize Winner and Guests will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure date and return date. The currently scheduled dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and Guests will each be required to provide a valid photo ID at time of travel. If the Grand Prize Winner (other than a minor) elects to travel or partake in Grand Prize trip with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the Grand Prize Winner's possession (or if the Grand Prize Winner is a minor, in his or her parent's or legal guardian's possession), or in the possession of the Guests. Grand Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the Grand Prize; if a stopover occurs, the Grand Prize will terminate and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Once hotel and flight arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize travel package or element thereof will be forfeited by Grand Prize Winner and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor's air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. The Celebration is currently scheduled for Monday, April 22, 2014. Travel will be required to include this date. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to participate in the Grand Prize trip during the dates set forth by Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event that the Celebration does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all for any reason, then in lieu of attending the Celebration the Grand Prize Winner will receive One Hundred Dollars ($100), and such amount plus the remaining components, if any, of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. ARV of Grand Prize is $5,019.52.The prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for taxes and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
9. GENERAL PRIZE TERMS: Any Grand Prize that is won by a minor will be awarded to the minor's parent or legal guardian. If Grand Prize Winner is a minor, at least one Guest must be the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Any prize details that are not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Grand Prize Winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on prizes.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor and/or a third party designated by the Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. By participating, Grand Prize Winner and Guests (or in the case of any minor Grand Prize Winner, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that 1) the Released Parties (as defined below) and their designees may use (unless prohibited by law), the Grand Prize Winner’s name, city and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness, biographical information and/or statements for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Disney, their related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the Grand Prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes (other than disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of , or connected with, the possession, misuse or use of the Grand Prize or any components thereof) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the possession, misuse or use of the Grand Prize or any component thereof shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Orange County, Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
13. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: The winner will be listed on greenbuildermag.com, greenbuildermedia.com and may also be listed in Green Builder magazine, Facebook page for “Green Builder Media”, and through Twitter accounts for “@greenbuildermag” and/or “@VISIONHouseGBM”.