Through the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS, we will not only have the opportunity to educate millions of consumers about sustainable living, but we’ll be able to manifest our corporate mission to effect meaningful, positive change for a better world.
Opening on Earth Day (April 22), the VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS helps guests understand that sustainability is a mindset defined by personal lifestyle choices. By showcasing advanced green products and demonstrating a wide spectrum of cost-effective, sustainable options, the innovative exhibit provides homeowners with real solutions for contemporary green living.
The VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS exhibit will highlight the major themes of whole-home automation, energy generation and efficiency, water conservation, indoor environment quality, security, high-performance materials, durability, and fire protection.
As guests tour the home, they will encounter intelligent products and advanced technologies, such as:
• High efficiency heating and cooling systems and controls and innovative whole-home automation system and door hardware by Ingersoll Rand
• Electronic vehicle charging station by SIEMENS
• Chevy Volt electric vehicle by GM
• Photovoltaic solar panels from Hanwha Solar
• Durable and environmentally friendly exterior systems, including smog-eating tile roofs, cultured stone, bricks, permeable pavers, and trim by Boral
• Ventilation solutions by Panasonic
• Energy efficient windows and doors from Pella
• High performance glass products by Schott
• Fire sprinkler information from the National Fire Protection Association
• Sustainable hardwood flooring and cabinets from Armstrong World Industries
• Water-conserving fixtures, faucets, showerheads, and home standby generators by KOHLER
• ENERGY STAR certified home appliances by Bosch
• LED lighting solutions by SYLVANIA
If you’re planning to be in Orlando on Earth Day, we hope that you find your way to Epcot® to join us for our launch gala! We’d love to share the excitement with you.
If you can’t join the festivities in person, follow the day as it unfolds through our postings on Facebook and Twitter (@GreenBuilderMag and @VISIONHouseGBM).
Thanks for your continued support of Green Builder Media, which makes magic possible.
Interested in learning more about the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter @SaraGBM.
For more information about green building and sustainable living, visit www.greenbuildermag.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @greenbuildermag for regular updates and breaking news.
Posted: 4/12/2012 2:08:21 PM by
Mary Kestner | with 0 comments